For some reason, Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns still get a bad rap from time to time. The most logical reason for this is that there are still a number of misconceptions around this form of advertising. Like with anything else, trying to figure out the best places to allocate advertising dollars is by doing your research and getting all the facts before you make a decision. First let’s address some of the negative information you may have heard about PPC campaigns. Some of the terms that are most often talked about are: Keyword bidding, Bid price inflation and Click Fraud.
Getting the right keywords is crucial in attracting the right customers to your site. But many companies get caught up in trying to bid on too many keywords that are not directly related to the products/information they are trying to sell. The point here is to narrow your hits to people that are most likely to want what you are selling. Having hundreds or thousands of hits is of no value if they are not turning into valid sales. The trick is to narrow your keywords to ones that are specific to your business.
Bid price inflation really boils down to making sure you are zoning in on your target market in order to produce the best scenario when it comes to convertible clicks. Since PPC advertising has seen a substantial increase in the number of companies using this form of advertising; vigilance is key in maintaining a positive ROI (Return on Investment).
Click fraud, in fact, any kind of internet fraud, is a fact of life in today’s marketplace. False clicks can cost your company money. The trick here is to make sure your PPC campaign is being monitored by a professional PPC service provider. This will ensure that you are getting your money’s worth and that the clicks being generated are valid.
The bottom line is that PPC advertising campaigns do work – if they didn’t, companies both large and small would not be using them. The key to making sure that your PPC campaign is working for you is to choose a PPC service provider that has a proven industry record in all aspects of Internet marketing and can offer you a variety of online marketing options. There are of course many advantages to PPC which we will talk about in an upcoming blog.
Industries of Focus
If you offer a service or sell a product our service will benefit you.
- London’s new electric taxis scuppered by faulty sensor January 17, 2018London's new electric taxis have been delayed. The "TX" cabs developed by LEVC were supposed to arrive in the capital late last year. But there's a problem with the system that tracks time and distance — recorded as electric "pulses" — fo...
- Lyft opens its ride-booking Concierge service to all businesses January 17, 2018Lyft has finally opened up Concierge to businesses and organizations of all sizes. The program allows members to hail rides for other people, giving companies a way to offer that extra touch of service to customers, especially those who can't call fo...
- Teach valuable STEM skills with electronic papercraft noisemakers January 17, 2018*Hitches up onion belt* Now back in my day, our papercraft activity books just folded up into something pretty. And we liked it that way. But you kids, with your Nintendoodads and Snapcharts, well that just isn't good enough, is it? No, your paper-ba...
- ‘Scribblenauts’ returns with a party game for consoles January 17, 2018Innovative wordplay-based game Scribblenauts debuted on the Nintendo DS at the end of the last decade, but we haven't heard from the franchise since it headed to mobile for a semi-sequel in 2015. But today we got news that a new entry in the series,...
- Video offers peek at ultra-wide Large Synoptic Survey Telescope January 17, 2018The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope has been a long time in the making when work on its mirrors started in 2007. It's finally coming together, though. The LSST team has released a brief clip showing progress on the Chilean facility as of the end of...
- London’s new electric taxis scuppered by faulty sensor January 17, 2018